Friday, July 18, 2008

Thought of the Day

AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT WE CAN CALL ON JESUS.
HE IS ALWAYS WAITING, LISTENING FOR OUR CALL.
WHAT A WONDERFUL BLESSING.
NO PHONE NEEDED, NO E-MAILS, JUST A WHISPER.
Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me;
and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
 and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Those who find their life will lose it,
and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:34
Isn’t it strange that we save our life by losing it? As if we lost all our money by saving it. It’s only when energies go into the good of others, rather than just for our own good that we can preserve and enhance our life. The self-centered person is the one who is caught up in controlling and preserving all for the self. Jesus is the opposite – he makes the best of himself for the betterment of others. Prayer helps this to happen for all of us.

No comments: