Thursday, August 7, 2008

Inspiration of the Day

[Jesus] said to them, "There is no need for them to go away; give them some food yourselves." But they said to him, "Five loaves and two fish are all we have here." Then he said, "Bring them here to me . . ."
~~Matthew 14:06-18


When confronted with the Gospel, I often wonder if I am doing enough. It's not a matter of scrupulosity or of believing that my salvation depends on my own efforts. Rather, I listen to the call of Jesus and I look, quite honestly, at the comfort in which I live, and it seems to me that being a disciple requires more than I am giving.

Surely, I think, I must go off and do something else---something grand. But then who would read the bedtime stories?

Yes, the call of Jesus is to also dig deeper and open ourselves to greater, more sacrificial love. And sometimes we're called to leave where we are to do that.

But other times, there is no need for us to go away, no need to do anything but look where I am now, hand what I find over to Jesus, and let him work with what I have, where I am right now.

Jesus, take what I have and bless it so others will be fed.
Amy Welborn



Shared by:
Oyee Alcantara
El Sobrante, CA

No comments: