Friday, October 19, 2018

More Wisdom from Tim Staples

I realized intellectually the CatholicChurch was the true Church. I came back to my room and I was absolutely exhausted after arguing all day. I can’t explain to you the exhaustion. I slid down on my knees, and for the first time in my life, “Mary, I don’t know if I’m doing this right. I don’t know what I’m supposed to say. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.” Our Blessed Mother prayed me home. You know what? I’ve never doubted the Catholic Faith from that one moment. I’d love to tell you that was it and it’s just been glory every since, but it got harder. I had to go home. I left there, I lost my girlfriend, said goodbye to everyone and it was heartbreaking because I knew the truth. But nothing hurt me worse than knowing that I hurt my mom. It killed me. I could take losing my girlfriend, getting kicked out of Bible college, and later I would go to my church and I got exited there in a hurry. But thanks be to God my family loves me. My mom and my brother sat at that dining room table and talked about the faith. That’s love. Within six months my brother converted, and he is now a Catholic priest in Arlington, Virginia. My mother converted within a year. My father was tough, he took five.

—TIM STAPLES

from The Bible Made Me Do It

No comments: