Thursday, May 5, 2011

SIN

DIDACHE

 
The God of our ancestors raised Jesus, though you had him killed by hanging him on a tree.” – Acts 5:30
 
Lenten season is just over. Whenever I go through the Way of the Cross, I feel guilty for the times I give in to temptation and for the many times I commit sin. Then I pray, “Lord, I am sorry because my sins have added weight to Your suffering and have caused You to die on the Cross.”
Sometimes, despite the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I still give in to tempting circumstances. In spite of regular spiritual nourishment, I find it easy to sin — giving false judgments, being sarcastic, mismanaging my finances, putting off for the next day what I can do today, eating food that would trigger pain, harbouring false pride, telling lies, giving in to laziness, committing sins of omission, and the list goes on and on.
I just can’t imagine if I have to go through the same ordeal that Jesus went through whenever I sin! I couldn’t bear it. May I always see the consequences of sin, more so the fact that I sadden God’s heart whenever I sin. I’m sorry, Lord.  Sol Saura (sol_saura@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Do you realize the consequences whenever you sin?
 
Have mercy on me, O God, in Your goodness; in Your compassion, blot out all my sins.
 

No comments: