Friday, May 4, 2018

More wisdom from Dr. Scott Hahn

It’s only when we do what the sabbath day signifies that the blessing is released upon all of our six days of work. I remember when I first began to study the Bible and I went off to college and I made a resolution that I was going to keep the Lord’s Day. I didn’t talk to anybody about it, I just decided I wasn’t going to study on Sunday…. My junior year I was given responsibility to lead YoungLife. The first thing I did as the staff leader was to ask them to take it to prayer if they would do themselves and me a big favor, and not do any schoolwork on Sunday. I made an invitation, but kind of a challenge. They came back and said, ‘We won’t do any schoolwork on Sunday.’

At the end of my stint as staff leader, the last semester of my senior year, Stacy came back and announced to the group: ‘I independently asked you all to get me your GPAs and I’ve done a tally of the last four semesters since we began keeping the Lord’s Day. When we began, our GPA was around 3.1. Just this last semester as I average it all now, it’s 3.8. And five of us got 4.0s for the first time.’ I was stunned. We hadn’t talked about it. But it was like the Lord tested us, and then he blessed us.

—DR. SCOTT HAHN
from Heaven’s Mass

No comments: