Thursday, September 29, 2011

ANGELS ARE AROUND


SABBATH
 
Today we celebrate the feast of the Archangels; Michael (meaning “Who is like God”), Raphael (meaning “The Medicine of God”), and Gabriel (meaning “The Power of God”). Michael is known as our defender against Satan and all his evil angels. Raphael was the archangel who took care of Tobias in his journey and therefore our caregiver. And Gabriel was the one who announced to Mary that she was to be the Mother of the Son of God and therefore our wisdom and source of courage.

Early catechism tells us that each of us had been assigned by God with Guardian Angels. They were meant to make us aware and feel that God is with us and that He guides us. But we need to recognize and be open to god’s unique presence. Many of us at a certain point in our life dismiss the presence of these spirits.

Stories had already been told about some women who were in close danger of being harassed and harmed and suddenly found the courage, the action and the words needed to ward off their attackers. All because they sought the assistance of God through His angels. I, myself, felt God’s wisdom through Archangel Gabriel when I was seeking my vocation. Inspired by Mary’s experience with Gabriel, I sought the Lord and He responded to me through Archangel Gabriel. The call of God became clearer and definite for me.

It is a matter of faith. God’s ways are really mysterious and unpredictable. Others may live their faith without recognizing the presence of angels. But many, like me, who are aware of their presence and power, benefit from the angels. Hail to Michael, Gabriel and Raphael! Fr. Benny Tuazon
 
Reflection Question:
Do you communicate with your angels? Do you take advantage of the help and protection they provide?
 
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom His love commits me here. Even this day be at my side to light and guide, to rule and guard. Amen.
 
St. Garcia, pray for us.

No comments: