Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DO YOU BELIEVE IN ANGELS?

At that very time, the prayer of these two suppliants was heard in the glorious presence of Almighty God. So Raphael was sent to heal them both. – Tobit 3:16-17

In the old days, it was normal for God to answer His children’s prayers by sending an angel, send them a message from heaven and guide them.

       Archangel Gabriel was sent to Mary to announce to her that she would bear a son who would save the world. Raphael was sent to heal Tobit, became Tobias’ travel companion and guided him to the lifetime partner God had chosen for him, Sarah.

       Today, angels are in active duty as they were before, sent by our loving Father to assist us in our needs. Even if we don’t notice them, they continue to take care of us, protect and guide us, light our way and direct our steps towards heaven.

       Sometimes, the Lord also sends earth angels, friends who suddenly appear in our lives at a time when we need them the most, and who suddenly leave after their mission in our lives are accomplished.

       We are blessed to have our guardian angels always by our side. We’re even more blessed to follow their example and be angels to one another. Marjorie Ann Duterte (marjorie.travels@gmail.com)
Reflection: God loves us so much that He gave each of us a guardian angel. Let us be grateful to Him for our unseen friend who takes care of us every day.
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here. Ever this day, be at my side, to light and guide, to rule and guard. Amen.
St. Boniface, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

1ST READING - Tobit 3:1-11, 16-17

P S A L M - Psalm 25:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R: To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
In you I trust; let me not be put to shame, let not my enemies exult over me. No one who waits for you shall be put to shame; those shall be put to shame who heedlessly break faith. (R) Your ways, O Lord, make known to me; teach me your paths, guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior. (R) Remember that your compassion, O Lord, and your kindness are from of old. In your kindness remember me, because of your goodness, O Lord. (R) 8Good and upright is the Lord; thus he shows sinners the way. He guides the humble to justice, he teaches the humble his way. (R)
GOSPEL - Mark 12:18-27


Do you want to receive this in your email. To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, register and log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

No comments: