Wednesday, April 20, 2011

GLORIOUS ENDING

From Didache Daily Devotional

HOLY WEDNESDAY
 
 
“ The Lord is my help, therefore I am not disgraced. I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame.” – Isaiah 50:7
 
I didn’t want to accept that my seven-month-old son was dying. I had been telling everybody how God was healing my son of his congenital heart condition. Everyone knew how much I’d been praying. Didn’t Jesus say that all you need is faith the size of a mustard seed to move mountains? Mine was as big as a watermelon so why was it not happening?
Then one night, I realized that I was more concerned about my pride as a Christian rather than God’s glory. God is God and He answers our prayers as best suited to His plans, not ours. After months of struggling emotionally and mentally, I finally surrendered to His sovereignty and embraced His will. The next day, my son breathed his last as I  cradled him in my arms and whispered to him to tell God how much I love Him when he sees Him.
Nine years after his death, people still come up to me to tell me how much they’ve been touched by my story, which I shared during a televised Good Friday recollection. What I thought was a disgraceful ending, God was able to use to touch many people.
It’s not what we do for Him that gives Him glory… it’s what He does through us that glorifies Him. Ronna Ledesma (ronnaledesma@email.com)
20
REFLECTION:
If we can dictate to God how we want Him to answer our prayers, then He wouldn’t be God at all.
 
Father, let Your will be done here on earth as it has been done already in heaven. Amen.
 

No comments: