Thursday, April 28, 2011

In Honor of Blessed John Paul the Great

April 28, 2011
Dear Friend,

I write this as I am preparing to fly to Rome to participate in the Beatification of Blessed John Paul the Great. It is a remarkable blessing that I am able to go and witness such an event for such a monumental man of Faith. 
I think back to the founding of C-FAM and the creation of the Friday Fax. We are a creature of John Paul the Great. 

Way back in 1994 he made a call for people of faith to go to Cairo, Egypt and help the Vatican defend unborn babies he knew would be coming under attack from pro-abortion radicals at the UN Conference on Population and Development. The founding members of C-FAM answered that call and went to Cairo and helped the Holy Father stop an international right to abortion!

Not long after, the Vatican asked for a full-time office of Catholic laymen to open at the UN so that they could help the Vatican at the UN each and every day.

We answered that call. We have been defending unborn babies at UN headquarters and defending His Holy Church each and every day for going on 14 years! In season and out of season, through the most terrible persecution, C-FAM has been there!

Within days of opening our doors in the summer of 1997, we started the Friday Fax. At first, I literally would stand at the fax machine each and every Friday morning, and feed the Friday Fax to our 125 subscribers.
A lot has changed in these 14 years. The Friday Fax has grown to 330,000 subscribers. We now have 90,000 Spanish subscribers all over Latin America and Spain. We now have 30,000 French subscribers.
And the Friday Fax has literally changed the international pro-life movement. Simply, by shining a bright light on what really goes on at UN conferences and also what goes on there each day. The enemies of unborn babies do not take vacations and they do not seem to sleep either. 

I think of all this as I prepare to honor the man who inspired this apostolate and so many others. And I ask his intercession so that we can keep the Friday Fax going for another 14 years.

One thing that has not changed is that the Friday Fax is not free. It may be free to you and to our other 330,000 subscribers but it is not free to produce.

I ask you right now, in honor of Blessed John Paul the Great to go HERE and support the Friday Fax financially.
I know there is someone reading this right now who can write a check for $10,000. Will you do that right now?
Most folks, including me, could never afford such a gift. But, can you afford $500? How about $100? Or $50?
I pledge to you that I will never give up this fight. I will never stop the Friday Fax. I intend never to retire. I will do this until my dying day. 

But, I cannot do this without first, your prayers! Our battle is not simply one of money or personnel. It is literally about thrones and dominations. It is about the devil. So, prayers first, last and always.

But, we do need money to pay our writers, for office space, for printing and mailing and emailing. It costs us upwards of $180,000 every year to produce 104 Friday Fax reports every year, information you will not find anywhere else. 

Please go right HERE and give as much as you can. Make a sacrificial gift in the name of Blessed John Paul the Great!

Finally, you should know that I know immediately whenever a donation is made online. I get an immediate email confirmation. Make a donation between now and Sunday morning, and I will pray for you specifically at the Beatification ceremony in St. Peter's Square in Rome!

We really do need your help. 

Many thanks for whatever you can do.

Yours sincerely,


Austin Ruse
Editor/Friday Fax
President/C-FAM

No comments: