Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HAVE YOU SEEN JESUS ?

She turned round and saw Jesus standing there, though she did not realize that it was Jesus. – John 20:14
 
A week ago, a chat message popped up on my computer that read, “Have you ever seen Jesus?” It was from a friend who said he met people who claimed to have heard and seen Jesus.
I have never seen His physical being or heard His actual voice, but I dare to say that I have met Him.
He comes to me in the form of friends and family, sharing happiness and joy.  He shows me His visage in the beauty of nature, even in the violence of the storms. He expresses his vulnerability through the needy, evoking my compassion and demanding my charity. He embraces me when I’m distressed, by flooding my soul with lasting peace that calms and heals my hurts.
God is always calling us to Himself, if we only know how to listen. He reveals His face every day, and is only waiting for us to turn to Him when He calls our name. May we be sensitive to His voice and respond gladly when He calls. Cecil Lim (cez_lim@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
“When you come to know the Father, not a thing will be the same. You will know the peace of Jesus, when you hear Him call your name.” (Marilyn Ferguson)
 
Lord, help me recognize Your face and hear Your voice.

No comments: